the Mammal Chronicles: Random Notes from the Rockies, part two

when it comes right down to it, ya lactate or ya don't.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Notes from the Rockies, part two

I think I've found my apartment. It's not my dream place, but it has enough of the right ingredients that I think I could be happy there: spacious, big closets, some wood floors, granite counter tops, big tub, covered parking, on a bus line, and right next door to:

  • a bagel place
  • a thai place (more on this in a bit)
  • a deli
  • a falafel place
  • a starbuck's
  • and all of them have vegetarian options, often plenty

We ate at the deli and the thai place. The thai place had nice atmosphere, really good food and black sesame dumplings in ginger sauce, which is my new favorite dessert.

The ginger sauce is more like a sweet ginger soup served piping hot. The dumplings, essentially mochi, are filled with a sesame paste that tastes like peanut butter. Heaven. And they deliver! I imagine all long, stressful days will end with dumplings in ginger soup.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home