the Mammal Chronicles: A conversation in the car with my 4 year old daughter...

when it comes right down to it, ya lactate or ya don't.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A conversation in the car with my 4 year old daughter...

Her: (observing my new watch) Mama, I thought you didn't like shiny watches
Me: I like them shiny, silver and simple.
Her: What's simple?
Me: It means "not fancy" -- it doesn't have a lot of decorations.
Her: I like watches that are pink and purple and brown.
Me: Like your shoes; they are pink and blue and brown.
Her: I don't like blue.
Me: Why not?
Her: Blue is a boy color.
Me: What about Green?
Her: Green is a boy color.
Me: What about Orange.
Her: Orange is a boy color.
Me: What about Black?
Her: White is a girl color, Black is a boy color.
Me: Why are they boy colors?
Her: Hmm.. Let me think... (tapping her cheek with her finger) Well (Way-yull), boy colors are awesome and girl colors are fablious.

Can't argue with that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home